Wednesday, March 28, 2012



Hello again!  I swear I feel like I begin ever post by apologizing for not post sooner!  It has been super busy around here and it's like the longer I go without blogging the more I realize I'm going to want to fill you in on and the bigger the job seems.  Therefore, I put it off.  Today's lesson about moi: I am SUCH the procrastinator!  I literally once bought a book titled 'Procrastination for Dummies' and procrastinated about reading it and never did.  True story!  I digress....let us move on to the juicy stuff:

Person Trainer

So, I have been to the trainer, I believe it's 6 times now.  I'm still kind of on the fence about this particular one.  For starters, I thought it was going to be me and her.  Thats it.  But it's more like a class setting.  There's about 7 of us.  There other thing is I don't really 'get it' there. Like I don't know what I'm supposed to do if I can't make it to class or ..ok, for instance, I know that she does SOME one on one training, BUT I don't know if it's the same price (although I'm pretty sure it is), I don't know how you can get one of those coveted individual spots or why some do and some don't.  I don't know...I just don't feel like I can get in a rhythm there. I'm still hoping something will click and I'll like it more.  I have 12 more sessions so we shall see...

The Scale

I don't think I've done a weigh in with you guys since the big 50.5 post!  Can't believe I forgot to mention it ever since!  I had lost 5.5lbs since the beginning of March but then St. Patricks day and Spring break hit and I kinda got a little sloppy!  So I gained a little last week.  I think I've made up for it this week but we'll see on Friday.  As of March 16th I was down a total of 56.5!  As I sit this moment that number is debatable...we'll see in less then 48 hours though! :)

The Injury??

So, I've had this pain in my left calf ever since I started the C25K back in January.  It doesn't feel like any of my other sore muscles and it kind of comes and goes.  Yesterday after I did Zumba, I walked 3 miles and it was really hurting on the second half of the walk. This morning at the trainer we did legs although not too much calves but still a lot of calf stretching for lunges and such.  I was pretty sore but nothing new. Then I went to run up my driveway and it was like something snapped!  Not audibly snapped,  but it was just this sudden pain in that left calf like a freaking knife.  Of course all this had to happen in front of my mail man so I tried to keep running like nothing happened!  Eeek!  It was bad.  From everything I've been looking up, I think it's a Grade 2 Calf strain.  It says the biggest thing is to rest it and it could require 6 weeks of rest!  6 WEEKS!  I can't not Zumba for 6 weeks!  I'll gain 20 lbs!  I'm freakin out a little about it if you can't tell.  I'm just hoping I'm wrong and that when I wake up it will be all better!

Well, that's about it!  You're pretty much all caught up (again!)!  I'm gonna try to be a better blogger, I promise! :)
In the meantime...I will remember this!  Hopefully I have misdiagnosed myself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment