Saturday, January 4, 2014

525,600 minutes

I kicked off my "Back to working out like I mean it" yesterday morning by getting up early and going to CrossFit and was pretty happy with myself.  Then last night I really felt like a hardcore fitness chick when I bundled up and headed to Zumba when it was snowing, no, make that BLIZZARDING, ok...hard flurrying, and 20 degrees!  (I know, I know, it doesn't take much to make me think I'm hardcore, does it!!?? :D  )

I had a great workout, burned tons of calories and had even more fun doing it!  Before I knew it, it was the last song.  The 'cool down' song.  Last night my instructor played (in honor of the New Year of course!) the '525, 600 minutes' song from Rent.  It's so good!  Do you know it???



"525,600 minutes,
525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure,
measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee?
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife?
In 525,600 minutes - how do you
measure a year in the life?
How about love?"
Seriously if you haven't ever heard it, stop reading this and watch it above!!!
Anyway, as we were stretching and breathing and plie-ing, this is how my thought process went:
~Oh!  I love this song!  Woop woop!
*and pliƩ*
~525,600 minutes.....we just finished another year....she played this on purpose....so clever!
*and stretch to the right*
~A year, 525,600 minutes gone and I am not down one pound on the scale.
*and arm behind my head*
~I have wasted this whole year!!!!!  OMG!!! I SUCK!!  *getting teary now*
*and reach for my toes*
~How did this happen?  *they're mocking me now!!* "525,600 minutes!!!!!!" and what have I done with it??!?!?
*and shoulder roll*
~Another year GONE on my journey to a healthier/skinnier/better me. UGH!!!!
*and reeeeeach*
~ The Flipagram!!! (read: fancy schmancy techno-slideshow I made this week of my family and every thing we did in 2013.)
*and flat back* *flashes of my babies laughing, flipping on the beach, posing in Disney world, joining new teams, boating,  making new memories*
~That Flipagram was flipping awesome!! We did some very cool stuff over the last 525,600 minutes!!  To say I wasted the year is crazy and simple minded really!!
*and grab ankles*
~2013 was awesome.  I didn't reach my fitness goals but I didn't go back to all of my old habits.  I didn't gain it all back!  I'm a CrossFitter for Gods sake!!!
*and roll up*
~I DID get stronger in 2013 and 2014 is going to be even better!!  For real.
*and pliƩ*
 
~Ahhhh, I love this song.

And? And that was how I ended my first day of working out during my brand spanking new set of 525,600 minutes.  Positive.  Happy.  Proud.  Determined.



The afore mentioned Flipagram for your viewing pleasure! :p









No comments:

Post a Comment