Monday, September 3, 2012

A Labor Day Monday Update...


Good Monday morning!!  I hope you are having as awesomely lazy day as I am!  Last night was one of my good friend's birthdays so we had a little impromptu b-day party at my house...well there was just 4 of us and all our kiddos but, HEY, we still partyed, ok?!?  Kim is also trying to eat healthier (read: trying to get skinny!!)  like me so we both tried really hard to make diet friendly snacks and drinks.  I really wish I had taken a picture now; :/  We were SO very good though! We had a veggie tray with fat free dip, a lowfat buffalo chicken dip, shrimp cocktail, and some baked zuccini chips that didn't come out so chippy but were VERY tasty!  Then we topped it all off with a sugar free birthday cake that Kim made!  See?  How awesome are we!?!?  Oh and for beverages, Kim was using diet coke as her mixer and I was using crystal light margarita mix.  I'm proud of us!  Usually my signature move is to use ANY celebration/holiday/special occasion to 'cheat' but we didn't!

So I weighed in on Friday and was down 1 lb.  I'm not impressed, body, not at all.  I was really expecting a little lower number but in all honesty, I can't 100% remember what my weight was on past Friday, only what it was the past Monday so it may have been more than a pound.  Confused yet?  I know!  This weight loss stuff is no joke!  Lol  Either way, down is down and I should celebrate that, yo!! :P Aaannnd on to more good news...


I went to Zumba on Saturday morning!  That is SUCH a hardcore move on my part because it starts at 8:30A.M.!!!  Yes, those exclamation points are very necessary. Because that means on a SATURDAY I have to drag my large butt out of bed at like 7:15 and to me....well, that's just sacrilege.  But I did it and it was awesome!  I burned around 900 calories!!!  Whaaaaa?!?!  True. Story.



And I'm freakin' glad I did because it seems every weekend I gain a lb or 2 and then have to work extra hard to lose that come Monday!  BUT! This weekend?  This weekend I lost a half lb!  WOOT WOOT! 

That's pretty much it.  I'm just trucking along.  Trying to do the best I can...which is better than the best I was. I'm now off to my parents to have some Labor Day dinner.  Pray for me....or at least my big empty belly!


I'll leave you with these gems from last night! ;)




XOXO
a







No comments:

Post a Comment