Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bonjour! (I'm french in a parallel universe somewhere)

This is today's moral of the story:




Bonjour, mon amies! I am feeling rather chipper this morning!  I had a great day of eating and sweating yesterday and have high hopes for this coming weigh in (Friday).  Last night we seriously brought it at Z!  I don't have one of those cool calorie counting watch thingys, BUT my friend that does, burned....wait for it... 844 calories!! WHAA?!?  I know, right? So even if I am not at her exact number...I burned a ton of calories either way! Today I'll be running again.  I can't believe I'm turning into a person that does some form of exercise almost every single day!  It's amazing!  I just hope:

a) I keep it up.  I am known as the type of person that jumps head first into an activity or hobby then slowly but surely my interest wanes and I end up with a closet full of scrap booking stuff that I can NOT get rid of because a minute piece of my heart still loves it! I will say that my 1 year Zanniversary (<---see what I did there?  Totes made up a new word!  For those of you who have not had your coffee yet, that would be my Zumba anniversary :P)  is fast approaching and THAT is something to be proud of as well as gives me some faith in me that I can stick with something!!

b) And this is a biggie: It shows on that evil bitch of a scale!!!! 

I've been thinking about January and how fast its flown by...uh, flew, as today is Feb 1...that's nuts!  Anywho, I feel like I made a lot of healthy changes in January b/c I started running and all but, I don't feel like I've lost as much as I would like to in any given month.  BRB, gonna go look it up and see how much I lost for the month...

Ok, I'm back.  That was fast right?  Heehee.  So I looked up my weight loss since I stared back on my blog andaaaa, it's not good folks.  It says I've lost 1 FREAKING lb since Jan. 4th!!!  *breathe...just breathe*  My mind=blown. Seriously.  I've been really doing good or so I thought.  Obvs not. Obvs.  I don't even understand it...I had that 7 lb drop, but then it came back, but then I thought I got it back off...Hmmm, I'm confused.  All I know is on my fancy Weight Watchers weight graph, it says 1 lb less then on Jan 4th.  That's redic!!!! 
Ok, well, I gotta make some changes.  Shake it up.  Ya know, I've read that your body can get used to the way you eat.  Here's what I'm thinking...and this is just off the top of my head at 8 in the morning with only half a cupa coffee in me, but...I'm thinking, I wait and see what the scale says Friday.  If it's not at least 2 lbs down...I'm going to really makes some changes...not sure exactly what, but I know 1 thing: I feel like as far as the scale is concerned, Jan was a total waste!!  :( :( 
I had plenty of NSVs (Non scale victories)!  I started running and added in an extra Zumba day one week.  Plus all the delicious food (Pizza, ice cream 2! birthday cakes ect. ) that I turned down!  That's why I really can't believe the scale right now.  UGHHH!! 
Alright, enough debbie downer!! Today is Day 5 of my C25K running and it looks like I am going to be headed to the gym because it's raining like a mofo out there!  I am totally fine with that because ya know what?  There are no hills on the indoor track! :D  My neighborhood is tres hilly and I know that's good for me but thought of an level running surface sounds great right now! 

Gotta get this day going!  Have a great hump day!

XO,
a

No comments:

Post a Comment