Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shopping...

I've always loved shopping.  I don't know what it is about it.  I love new pretty things....I'm just girly like that, I guess.  Once I became overweight, I liked it a lot less.  Especially in the days when my weight was new and surprised me!  Wha????  "I'm still wearing these huge tent-like clothes?!?  But I'm not pregnant anymore!"  But ya know, once I knew to go to the store that has the biggest sizes and not even waste my hopes time going into my old favorite stores (like Gap, Ralph Lauren, most of Old Navy, Buckle, American Eagle, Rue 21, I could go on and on) I kind of got used to it.  Don't get me wrong- it sucked.  But year after year, I'd remain overweight and I'd get more used to it and before I knew it, I was so used to going to the same couple of plus sized stores, I barely even missed my old favorites.  Hmmm, or maybe I missed them but just got used to that little pang in my heart as I drove by or walked by.  Well finally, after trying and losing weight for months and months (Almost a year!) it is starting to pay off at the stores, you guys!!! 

Monday night I went shopping with my sister, my cousin and a (skinny) friend.  Anyway, we went to a makeup place, an accessories place and then ended up in a store I don't think I have walked in in 10 yrs. American Eagle.  I was a bit embarrassed and uncomfortable right away because A) They were going to close in like 15 or 20 minutes and were being real assholes to us and B) I'm fat.  And I feel like, they feel like, whats her fat ass even doing in here!?  So, I pretty much just walked around waiting for the others to shop.  I was surprised that they even had XL but they did.  Turns out- I wear XL in tops now.  Not XXL like I used to!  I knew this for a few weeks now because I bought a couple XLs at Old Navy a couple weeks ago.  But I have this mental block.  I keep thinking, I got lucky, it must've been a big XL at O.N.  So, when my sister was trying on an XL in A.E. and told me I should to, I was hesitant.  I finally gave in, grabbed the sweatshirt and ran to the back to try it on (all the while dodging dirty looks from the asshole employees!).  The craziest thing happened: it fit.  Perfectly.  Not tight at all.  Almost loose.  I was so excited!  Me?  Buy and WEAR something from A.E. in THIS decade!!?!?  Yes ma'am!  I did!  It was awesome and I floated in the door that night to tell M what I had bought!  It was amazing. 

BUT that's not the end of my shopping victories for the week!  Last night I went to Old Navy because I had a $10 off $20 coupon that was going to expire.  I figured I'd grab some sort of top.  Throughout my overweight years, I could fit into their XXLs about 70% of the time.  If it was a material that had no give it would usually be too tight.  Bottoms?  Forget it!  The only bottoms I could fit in were the pj XXLs because they would stretch!  I actually special ordered my Zumba workout pants from Old Navy.com because they didn't have my size in store. SO, back to last night.  I went in and grabbed a green tami (half tank half cami) and a long sleeve shirt to go over it, a zumba shirt, and a XXL brown trench coat.  Then as I was passing a rack of jeans, just on a whim, I grabbed the biggest size they had: 18.  I knew they wouldn't fit but wanted to see how far I was from fitting into them.  This was to date THE best trying on of clothes I've experienced in years! 
It went as follows:
  • Tami top: size XL : TOO BIG!  Whaaaa?????  Like WAY too big!  I know this was some kind of fluke but I do not care!  I can't freakin' believe it!!  I had to send M to get me a large! 
  • Long sleeve top: size XL: Big and boring
  • Brown Trench coat: Size XXL: WAY TOO BIG!  Whaaaa?  Again- shock!
  • Jeans: Size 18: Fit. Zipped. Loose. O.M.Geeeeee. There are no words.  I just stood there and covered my mouth with my hands to keep from squealing!!!  Unfortunately, I didn't even really look at the jeans (again, really didn't think they'd fit) before I grabbed them so I didn't buy them.  I DID however snap a couple photos just for you, lovelies! :)

     So, I floated out of the dressing room put it all back and walked straight to the bright kelly green trench coat I had been eyeing but didn't pick up because they didn't have one in XXL.  I grabbed the XL and headed for the dressing room.  Put it on..................beautiful. Gorgeous.  Girly.  Normal.  *sigh* 
    It. Totally. Fit.  I bought it.  It was one of the happiest nights I've had in a very long time.
    It's so worth it, you guys.  Food....is not as yummy as that coat is beautiful or as good as it feels being the new me. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment