Monday, February 6, 2012

Success!

As usual, I don't know where to start with the things I want to tell you about the past weekend.  Well, I guess I'll start with the number one thing one my mind: I had a no splurge, binge-free weekend!  Woop woop!!!  Every weekend, I give myself 1 or 2 splurge/cheat meals, but after the last few weigh ins being less than stellar, I decided to really try not to do that this weekend and just see if it reflects on the scale on Friday.  Of course, the weekend I try to do this is J's 7th bday weekend!  Eeek!  Well, I am more than proud to report:  success!!! We had 2 parties.  One at our house for family/grown ups and one at a pottery painting place for kids and friends.  The one at my house was pretty easy because I was in charge and I made this amazing cake which was 99% fat free!!  It was a real hit and no one even knew it was semi-healthy until I told them!















I could go on and on about how cool this cake is but I won't put you through that, just know: It was awesome!
And for dinner that night I made a lowfat chicken chili and ate a VERY small bowl!  I did great. Usually these are the exact things I let my self splurge on!  Then, on Sunday, we went to the Pottery Place which was very cool.  They did everything including supply the cake:


I can't lie.  When they took the lid off of this suger cube shaped as a cake, I could smell it from 4 feet away.  I think I may have gained a lb just from the scent of the chocolate and sugar!  BUT I did not have any.  Not a small piece.  Not a bite of my baby boys.  None.  Instead, I took myself down to the other end of the table and painted with M!           >

You would THINK I was out of the woods, yes? NO!
It just so happens it was also Super Bowl Sunday, which I don't know about where you're from but right here in the good ole U.S.of A., Super Bowl Sunday = Beer and food and food and beer!  After the bday party at the pottery place we came home and had the bffs over.  They brought pizza and some kind of delicious smelling/looking blondie cookie bar thingies!  I on the other hand stood in the kitchen for what felt like forever making my low fat taco dip.  I ate one helping of that dip with some Baked! tortilla chips and one SMALL bowl of the left over chicken chili.  No Pizza.  No cookie bar thingies.  No left over damn Hello kitty bday cake.  When the kids went to bed and everything was quite, I did enjoy a cup of skim milk and a reasonable sized (ie not a quarter of the cake) piece of my fat free rainbow cake! :)  That. was. It.  I can't believe I made it through all of those land mines!!!  I just pray it shows and the scale Friday, because I really deserve some props for that!









No comments:

Post a Comment