Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Catching up

**Warning: lotsa pics ahead!

G'morning big world!  So much has happened since the last time we 'spoke!'  Let's see, Thursday I went shopping with ma mere in Knoxville.  It was so much fun!  Just the two of us!  There were no kids interrupting and I didn't have to share her with my siblings either!  It was amazing.  Being in a mall with just me and another woman was so freeing!  Lol  The main reason we went to Knoxville (which is about 2.5 hrs away from my hometown) was because they have the only Torrid in the state.  Torrid is a plus size store that is really trendy.  It's not like Lane Bryant! :/  I wanted a really special outfit for my Valentine's date night with M!  I tried on dress after dress and I had to KEEP on getting smaller sizes!  I ended up getting this dress:

I started out trying on 18s but they were too big! :D  Keep in mind that this is a PLUS sized store and I think they run big as to make you feel good about yourself.  So that, coupled with the fact that this dress was only form fitting around the smallest part of my body (top half of my torso) made it possible for me to buy a size 12!  I just laugh and shake my head when I type that because I am in no way shape or form a true size 12 right now!  But HEY!  That IS the number on my dress and I can't help but love it a little (<---a lot)!   I felt super cute in this getup!  I probably felt much cuter than I looked but who cares!??  I NEVER wear dresses period, much less ones that show leg (GASP!).  Of course it helped that my feet were adorned in these babies:

FYI- they were more of the bright orange than the pink. Not sure why they look pink in some of the pics!

I also had to buy a smaller bra size!  Woop!  Woop!  I'm a 40C now.  I think my last bra was a 42 or 44C!  After bra shopping we treated ourselves to mani-pedis and it was heavenly! 

So that was my Thursday.  It was great and we will definitely be doing it again.  Then on friday, I weighed in and only lost .5.  It's a loss, I know, but I really wanted to lose 2lbs and hit my 50lb milestone!!!! :( 
Of course, after that was our date night and I ate very very bad things on Saturday and Sunday!  Here's a bit of a recap of my life in food on Saturday:





So that is what I'm working off this week!  It was so good though, you guys!  SO. Good.  Oh, I also may or may not have eaten a whole box of Dove truffles.  Hee hee.  It was worth it though.  I had a great awesome weekend!  I got back on track yesterday with a 2 mile run/walk and my calves are feeling it today! Oh!  I almost forgot to tell you!  M got me my aaaahhhmazing calorie counter/heart rate monitor for Valentines day!!!  I've been wanting one ever since I started Zumba last March and I can NOT wait to wear it tonight!!



And since you haven't been bombarded with enough pictures, here's one last collage of my night out on the town! I hope you all enjoy your 4 day week!




1 comment:

  1. I just had to say woohoo one more time! LOL! Soooooo hot!!! I am seriously so excited to be walking with you on this awesome journey. It's been just about a year that I saw through that "don't try to get to know me" person! I'll never forget that day in Pruett's class. Hehe! Who knew I'd end up loving you so much! I'm so proud to call you my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete