Tuesday, February 7, 2012

THEE Gap jeans



I couldn't wait to share this with you guys but it has taken me forever to get it on here!  Anyway, here goes:

As you know, before I had my first baby I was not overweight.  I wore a size 8 or 9.  About a year after I had my first daughter, I was so tired of waiting for the weight to come off and never being able to find any clothes in my favorite stores.  I remember, for my birthday, I asked my mom for a gift card for Gap so I could go online and special order some Gap jeans that would actually fit!  About that time I was wearing a size (gulp) 20. How quickly things change, huh?  Doubled in size in like a year and a half *shaking my head.*  Anyway, I was so excited to get my gift card and order my size 20 Gap jeans!  I remember they were $50!  When they finally arrived I tore open the box and put them on....er, TRIED to put them on!  They wouldn't even come up past my hips!!  To this day, I really don't know what the deal was bc I really was wearing a 20 then.  All I know is, I cried, folded them and put them (with the tags still on) away in my closet.  It was so sad.

Fast forward 9 years.  When I started losing weight, I found an old pair of jeans that didn't fit and I left them out for me to see everyday.  About once a week or so, I would try them on, until one day they fit! :)  Then one day I was digging in my closet, and I saw them.  The sad jeans, still stiff and tags hanging from them.  "Do I dare to try them on," I wondered. I had lost about 25 or 30 lbs when I took them out of my closet.  "Yes.  I think I'll give it a try," I thought.  Again, not even passed my hips!  I swear something is wrong with these jeans!!  I've tried to put them on once or twice in the last few months always with the same result- no go.  THEN, Saturday morning I woke up lazily in bed and laid there and it just popped into my head: "Haven't tried those jeans on in awhile...I wonder...."  I jumped up, ran over and put them on and zipped them up!!!!  AGH!!!  I could NOT believe it!  They actually closed!!  They weren't even cutting me in half or anything!  I ran downstairs to show M!  I was like look!  These are THEE Gap jeans!!!  He was like "Wow!!  Awesome!!"  I just wanted to cry I was so happy.  It was one of the most tangible weight loss successes I have had to date. 
There's just something about that feeling, when you are 100% sure: your body is TRULY shrinking.  It boggles my mind that this is it.  After alllllllll these years and tears, I am doing it.  That's that.  She believed she could, so she did.  Just. Like. That. 

Unfortunately, I can't actually wear the jeans now because #1- They are flare....like big flare, which is pretty much out of style now.  And #2- for some reason, that I do NOT remember, I ordered 'long.'  I have a feeling that must've been the only size 20 they had bc I normally would NOT wear a 'long.'  I'm 5'6".  So they are at least literally about 6 or 7 inches too long.  Here they are:  (Sorry about the pajama shirt! :) )

I realize these pictures aren't very sexified but I also realize: I don't care!!!  This is a huge milestone for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment