Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A night I will not soon forget...

So I had a kinda crappy day.  I haven't talked much about my babies so far, but I have 3 and sometimes....I feel very outnumbered.  I had such a stressful day.  After The Prince was in rare form all day I went and picked up the girls from school to bring them to the dentist, only to get there and decide they were both really too sick (with a bad cough) to get their teeth sealed so I drove all the way out there for *almost* nothing.  *Almost.* Just so happens the gym we belong to was right down the street...and I just happened to bring my running stuff.  :D


My husband got off work a little early and took the kids so I could go to the gym and do day 2 of the couch to 5k program on their indoor track.  I did day 1 on Sunday morning. FYI- Sunday I did a full mile but it was NOT the end of the actual session.  Anyway, I felt really weird being in the gym  and going onto the track.  There was a lot of older people and during my warm up, they were walking faster than me!  And I was really walking!  So, how it works (right now) is a 5 min warm up walk followed by increments of 60 secs of jogging and 90 secs of walking.  Sounds easy right?  Wrong.  It is SO hard.  So, I started my program and I was off walking for my warm up.  Well, I'd been walking for quite awhile when I looked down and realized my app was paused!!!  And then I realized there is no way to skip the warm up! So, I pretty much had to do it twice!  I swear I think I did close to a mile just walking.  Finally I got all the kinks out and started running.  It felt good. At first.  I got tired a lot faster than I did on Sunday and by the 3rd set of running, I knew...I was done.  It wasn't going to happen today.  But. BUT.  I decided I COULD do ONE more set (60 secs running/90 secs walking).  I was dying.  Dy.Ing.  But. BUT. I decided I could do ONE more set again.  There are 8 sets.  I was on 5.  I was panting and gasping and the thought of finishing....just to finish....literally brought tears to my eyes.  I kept on pushing for one more set until...I finished all 8.  All 8!!  I still can't believe it.  It sounds so silly telling you this now, but in the moment. Ah, in the moment I felt like I just did something very very important.  I had never ever pushed myself like that.  Not me, not by myself, for myself.   It was amazing and I will never forget the feeling of knowing I had finally done it.  I've tried the couch 2 5K so many times.  And I always (b a r e l y) make a mile, but I have NEVER finished the whole session.  Progress people. Progress. 

This would be me 2 mins after I finished.  I was still gasping and have no idea how I managed a smile!
Aaaaaand to top off me tooting my own horn up in here:  I also got it arranged so I can go to Zumba tomorrow morning which to make a long story short, is me going WAY out of my way to get those calories burned!  Woop! Woop!
xo,
a

No comments:

Post a Comment