Monday, January 30, 2012

Winning!

Last night I had Zumba (which I rocked and sweated out about..mmmmm56lbs <---slight exaggeration) and afterward, I had to stop at the grocery store (Kroger) for something quick and semi healthy for the fam.  So, I decided on Weight Watcher dinner size meals for the hubby and I and Kids Cuisines for the kiddos (Hey!  I said semi-healthy!  If you're judging me, I'm judging your mom!). I grabbed a box of my standby low fat sweet tooth curber: Junior Mints.  But I was craving something more....something...real....something...cakey, and gooey and ...fattening.  I wanted all of this but I didn't want to kill my friday weigh in.  So, I preceded to go down every aisle and pick up every yummy gooey delicious thing I saw and read the back.  Time and time again, I dropped it like it was on FIRE!  Um, 12 grams of fat for a brownie: EEK!  A mounds Bar: 13 grams of fat! AGHGHGH! A (tiny) piece of LOW FAT Skinny Cow Candy: 6 GRAMS OF FAT! No thanks!!  I can have 32 Junior mints for that many fat grams!  So, I moped my way up to the cash registers and left.  No ice cream; no Belgium Chocolate walnut brownie bites (YUMMMM!); no big red heart box of Valentines chocolate.  It was definitely a winning moment.  It sucked. Do. Not. Get. It. Twisted.  I REALLY wanted to eat something...normal.  But as I found out, for me, Normal=waaaay too much fat.  As annoyed as I was when I walked out the door of Kroger, by the time I had gotten to the car, I had realized:   Cravings: 0 Me:1

Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment